Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Snail's Pace

I finished my second Swoon block last night, and I feel a little like The Count on Sesame Street. Two! Two blocks done! Ha ah ah ah ah ah!

My Swoon quilt is coming along at a snail's pace, but that's okay. Halloween is still months away. As long as it's done by September 30, I'm okay. If it's not, I may have a temper tantrum.

Can I just pat myself on the back a little here? I love how it's turning out. Having the center be a different fabric than the outer points was, quite frankly, a bold step. But I love it. And I love purple. I am so glad it was added to the official Halloween colors. Remember when it was just black and orange? Bo-ring!

Who decides holiday colors anyway? I'm pretty sure it's Martha Stewart.

Today I get to go to the dentist. Whenever I go to the dentist, I sing the "Me and My Llama" song. Sesame Street made a little girl walking down the streets of NYC with a llama normal. It's pretty much been my favorite show since I was 2 and clearly influences my inner dialogue today.


8 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

You're hysterical! I think you need to put the count in the middle of one of those blocks. Which are looking fab, btw.

patty said...

You're so funny! I canceled my dentist's appointment yesterday. Me and my llama just couldn't do it.

Leslie said...

sory about the dentist...i hate the dentist! this block turned out great. i love the different fabric in the middle

teamZ said...

That song was on the other day. I was so excited to watch it...They have changed it to a cartoon version. Why?

Hilachas said...

Hey, at least you have 2 Swoon blocks completed. I still have just one.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Your swoon block looks great and you have such a great gift with words!

Mama Pea said...

You crack me up. Your Swoon blocks are among my faves anywhere! And look how you got all the stripes going the same way on that middle star. I so cannot do that!

Karen said...

At least you have started your swoon quilt. Mine is till stuck in the long list in my head. I at least have the pattern for that one day when it makes it to the top of the list.