Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Time to Brag

I have been busy in my sewing room lately. I volunteered to provide a basket for a silent auction at the school. I consulted with my mom and we came up with the idea of a "Celebration Basket." I put in a "Celebrate" fabric banner, which you can see here, a "VIP" placemat, and a hanging chair sign.
Growing up, we had a "You Are Special Today" plate. It was awesome. That red plate really did make you feel special while you at spaghetti (not that I ever ate spaghetti willingly growing up). I wanted to make something with the same feel, and came up with the VIP Placemat. I will have some available in my etsy shop after the weekend, in case you were wondering. The fabric is Crazy for Dots and Stripes. If I had unlimited funds and storage, I would buy bolts of this line. I love it that much.

I used the same fabrics for a Hanging Chair Sign (tutorial found here).
I wanted it to appeal to both boys and girls, and I hope it does. I also hope lots of people bid on my basket.

I also worked a little on a baby quilt. Here is one of the blocks:
I've been having a great time!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Can't wait to see more of your Pure quilt!

Johanna said...

I love your variety on the hanging chair sign! It looks even happier then the sweet divinity one :)
And the baby quilt is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing more of it :)

Jackie said...

the binding is just fantastic! Love how it looks.

Mama Pea said...

That's a cute variation on the special plate people have used. We never did that in my house growing up, but I think it's a cute idea!

Karen said...

Looks like you have been having a wonderful time. Love the blocks you are making for the baby quilt. Stars are timeless.