Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday

This week, my grand total lost reached 45 pounds. That's a lot. I think Mini-me weighs 45 pounds. I'm pretty sure Flower doesn't weigh much over that. In celebration, I bought some fabric that was on sale. Don't tell Curly. He thinks I have "enough." Silly man. Yesterday at my weigh in, my leader gave me some sad news: Next week is the last week for our time slot. No more Tuesday 9:00 meeting. I'm really not happy about this. While children are welcome at any meeting, they are less welcome at some than at others. I have taken my kids to Wednesday meetings, and the leader made comments to the whole group about how noisy the kids were. She never asked us to keep them quiet, nor did she talk to us about it before the meeting. It was very passive aggressive and not at all friendly. The Thursday morning meeting was very full. The leader is southern and hilarious. There were a couple of kids there, but they were infants in carriers. The meeting was so crowded that I don't think there is room for me to bring mine. I will probably end up going on Monday mornings, even though I don't really like the leader. I'm not sure what my friends will end up doing. I hope at least one (I go with 4 friends) will come with me.

So this week the goal is to stay healthy. Mini-me is home with a cough and a low fever, Ginger has been growing teeth and has a low fever, and Patch told me all day yesterday that he threw up. He had not, but I think he's tired of all the attention his sisters are getting. We are laying low today and hopefully tomorrow everyone will be on the mend!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

WOW!!!!! That is awesome weight loss! Congrats!

Mama Pea said...

Shut up! That is AWESOME! Bummer about your class getting cancelled. A good leader can really make it work well, can't it? Hope you all stay healthy!

Brooke said...

Hooray!! I love your treat - fabric - no calories there ;)

Anonymous said...

Wowie zowie: you're a mere shadow of your former self. Fabric is a great treat, but watch your mail for a treat that I sent to you.
Sorry about your counselor leaving (or not meeting at the time you like). I think YOU should be a counselor, you know. You're hilarious and you know all of the tricks. Where do I send my letter of recommendation?

The Boys Mommy said...

45 lbs...wow! That's GREAT! Congrats! Eden and I have finished up our little yoga class on Tues. am and were planning on coming back to Tues class. We've been to the Wed 9:30 class...it's crowded, but I didn't feel unwelcomed with Eden there.

Karen said...

I hope you find another meeting that suits your needs. Its SO important to find the right group for you thats going to give you the support and encouragemnt you need. Awesome achievement.