Saturday, November 29, 2008

Child Labor, Part 2

I like to put my kids to work. It's good for them. Puts hair on their chest. Mini-me really wanted to help make the Thanksgiving pies, and after the success of Spaghetti-O's, I let her.

You can see the pie crust in the background. Mini-me helped measure the ingredients, and then pressed the "pulse" button on the food processor. She did all the stirring for the pies. She was so excited about the pumpkin pie. She didn't eat it, but she was very excited for it. Please pardon the messy hair. Baking is a messy business.

The next morning, she woke up, got dressed, and put on her apron. That girl had more work to do! We made the chocolate pie, which was a hit with the under-4 crowd, and then made the rolls. Mini-me did most of the kneading and all of the rolling. Then I cut the rolls out, and she rolled them up into crescents. Man, could she roll like nobodies business.


This photo is after dinner, which for her consisted of rolls and jam. Only trust what you yourself cook. I can only imagine what she would have put away had she made the stuffing or the turkey. She was not in the mood to smile. Cooking is very serious business, folks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll vouch for Mini-me's cooking. I ate a roll at dinner, planning to have one later, but they were all gone. And just five minutes ago, Papa Ken and I polished off the last of the pie. Yummy. I can't wait until Christmas Eve!

Rach said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I am all ready for christmas except the wrapping.