Saturday, July 12, 2008

Haitus

I may not be around much in the next week or two (not that I've been around a whole lot this summer anyway). At rehearsal the other night, I was taken into the back room with the stage manager, producer, and director of the show. It seems the woman playing the Queen has a family issue and might not make the show. Being that we open in a mere two weeks, would I be able to learn the part? I said yes, and then the panic attack ensued. I think I can, I think I can. There is a chance the original Queen will return, but until then, I will enjoy my reign.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always KNEW you were a queen! After all, you have a plaque on your wall that says you are. Actually, I think I will enjoy being a queen mother, i.e. the mother of the current monarch; i.e. the mother of the husband of You, The Queen, even if my son isn't the REAL king in this particular situation. This is terribly confusing so I had to check it out on Wikipedia... I learned that every queen mother is a queen dowager, but not every queen dowager is a queen mother ... Being a queen dowager would mean that my husband is deceased, and he wasn't when I last checked. Oh my; all this is entirely too complicated! Well, anyway, we're glad you were offered the part, for however long you get to reign!
Love, G'ma Judy

Lisa said...

All hail!

Patty said...

Break a leg, your Highness.

losing my needles said...

When you are stressed, just remember, it's good to be queen.

the highlight addict said...

You can do it! Enjoy your reign!