Saturday, May 25, 2013

To Boston, With Love

To Boston, With Love was a grass-roots effort started by the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild to show support for the people of Boston following the bombings at the marathon last month. Quilters from all over the world were invited to sew a flag and then send it in so that all the flags could be tied together.


This one was mine. I know how it feels to be in a place that is attacked. And I know how it feels to try to be normal after that. It's hard. And it takes super-hero effort at times.

I mailed mine in last week to Amy. And my flag, along with about 1600 others, is now hanging in the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. It's pretty awesome. Go here to read all about it. I hope Boston feels the love.

3 comments:

patty said...

The video of the space is incredible! I'm so happy that you are represented; someday we need to go together to the memorial in Shanksville and pay our respects.

VH said...

:)

Jackie said...

You are not normal.
K, i just read your posts again, you are sooo funny!
and where is spring market next year?