Saturday, October 03, 2009

Celebrity Sighting

Today is the city's annual street festival, called "In the Street." We see a lot of people we know, but this was the first year we spotted a bona fide celebrity. Bryan Voltaggio was outside his now famous restaurant, Volt.

Please forgive my appearance in this photo. I was so dang excited. I couldn't stop talking. I think I may have told him I loved him. I'm not sure. I am confident he found me charming and not psycho.

This is what he served: a lobster corndog. Curly said it was excellent. We'll take his word for it. The other option was a gourmet kobe beef hotdog. I'm not allowed to eat hotdogs, being in a delicate condition. Curly promised he would take me there to eat before the baby comes. That gives him about 10 weeks. We better make reservations now!

5 comments:

Linz said...

That is so cool! We love him on Top Chef!

Lisa and Doug said...

No way! I can't believe you met him! I love him too!

Melonius said...

you only have ten weeks!

DanceNplay said...

HOORAY FOR TOP CHEF contestant BRYAN!!!! A good ol' Frederick Native! I didn't know that til NOW!!!!!! We walked past VOLT all of the time! You are so excited. That's hilarious. 10 weeks left, eh??!! I didn't know that either!! Still at Simmonds&Simmonds??!!

Karyn D. said...

Jana- I have those exact same crocs. And I love them very much. They feel very good on my poor arthitic feet. Aah- the agonies of age.