Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I Love Lucy

My mom loves I Love Lucy and used to watch it regularly while we were growing up. Who doesn't love that show? What classic comic timing! It is a useful show to know, especially when referencing your looks to Teensie and Weensie, or singing songs like "Friendship" at the top of your lungs. Today, we visited the Wolfgang Candy factory right here in York. Images from the episode where Lucy and Ethel go out and get jobs while their husbands stayed home kept flashing through my brain. I had to fight the urge to ask the woman if I could man the conveyor belt for awhile. I also had to fight the urge to ask where the Umpa Loompas were.

3 comments:

Lisa and Doug said...

I don't know how you could resist!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing at the image of you at the conveyor belt. You're having a good old fashioned family vacation, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious!!!