Monday, June 17, 2013

Two Quilts

I have two finishes to share. Yay, me!

The first is a simple baby quilt for some friends of ours. Curly deemed them "baby quilt worthy" friends, and so I pulled some Quilted Fish fabric and used my new Simply Retro book to find a pattern. It was fast and easy.

 I did loopy quilting all over it, and then did binding on the bias. In total, I think the quilt took about 4 hours to make. The longest part was the binding.
 Next up is the quilt for Baby. See here? She's saying how much she loves it. She's also telling me her outfit is  too tight.
 I used another Camille Roskelley pattern. I'm finding there is a fine line between "fan" and "stalker." The fabric is Sarah Jane Studios. I don't know the name of the line, but it's the one with anchors and arctic narwhals.
 Here is a close up of the quilting. I was very brave on this one. I've had the Angela Walters Free Motion Quilting book since before we moved. I've wanted to try some of the patterns, but I've been so nervous. I didn't want to ruin a quilt. Last week I told myself I was stupid, loaded Baby's quilt on my frame, and went to town with the paisley design. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. But I'll be better on the next one I do. It was fun to try a different style.
 So there you go. Two baby quilts finished in the past week. I feel pretty awesome about it.

9 comments:

patty said...

You should feel crazy proud of yourself.

Candice @ Made With Love said...

You are awesome!!! Can I send some of my quilts your way? :)

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

What a sweet quilt you made for your daughter! I'm glad you went for it and tried the quilting. I have the same book and have found it incredibly helpful.

Jackie said...

love!

Thimbleanna said...

Fabulous! They're both ADORABLE!!!

Sara said...

Beautiful baby and quilts!! Good for you to try new designs. Best way to do it!

VH said...

You rock.

Karen said...

Great finishes and your model is gorgeous!

Mama Pea said...

Great finishes! Your quilting looks great! Good for you for going for it!