Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Eve

Today is the anniversary of my second date with Curly. It was a Wednesday. He picked me up at my office. The Congressman came out to meet him. I was a tad embarrassed. We ate dinner at my favorite restaurant, Jaleo. Curly ate duck. He bought a Valentine off a homeless man on the street. We went ice skating on the mall in DC. I brought my own skates. It was cold and oh so fun. Then, he held my hand, under the guise of falling on the ice, and he took me home to meet his parents. It was a great date.


The next day was Valentine's Day. He didn't call me. He said it was "too loaded." Instead, he went to a party with another girl, and invited her to his house for the following evening. I soon took care of that, and by Saturday, he didn't even remember her name.


Today is Mini-me's Valentine's celebration at school. Mommies are invited, but she told me I didn't need to come, because she doesn't cry when I'm not around. She made her Hannah Montana cards last night, complete with a heart lollipop. She also took a big bag of Nerds to share. School parties are so fun, especially when it's your first one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, my loves.

Lisa and Doug said...

Love the tights!