Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Dieting

I am on a fabric diet for the new year. It's really a difficult diet to be on. I am allowing myself a few purchases, because just like a regular diet, if you cut yourself off completely you'll go overboard when you finally do break your diet. So I'm allowed to buy neutrals to finish quilt tops. You know, whites for sashing and things like that. Of course, now that I'm on this diet I have found several things that I need. From pre-cuts to yardage, I can feel a binge coming on if I'm not careful.

I haven't yet shared my goals for the new year. I have several, but some of them I'm keeping to myself for a bit. One major goal was to be flood free in 2012. I am proud to report that on week 3 we are still dry. Hurray! Another goal is to potty train Ginger. She has informed me that she doesn't need to use the potty because she wears a diaper. That's very good logic for a two year old. I'm afraid the only course of action is to take away her diapers; cut her off cold turkey. But first I'll have to gear myself up for the battle of the century.

She's a stinker, you know.

8 comments:

VH said...

You might be flood-free but potty training might not leave you dry...

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Hey, I am about to run out the door, but I am on a diet too, and it's real hard to stick to it.

When I was potty training my first we just stopped buying diapers and that was that. She gave up! We did that for the second one and it worked for her too. My third is only one, so I don't know if that strategy will work with her.

Kaisievic said...

Oh dear, good luck with the potty training.

Hugs, Kaye xoox

Mama Pea said...

I am so lucky. My mom potty trained Elsa while I was at a conference one year and Elsa stayed with her. So, I'm proud to say that I didn't have to do it! LOL!

I am on a fabric diet this year, too. I've stuck to it pretty well so far this year. I have bought some charm packs, but that's about it. Going to really try using what I have. We'll see how long it lasts.

I've been keeping to myself about goals, etc., as well. Just not ready to commit, perhaps; or maybe just not ready to talk about them. Not sure.

Caren said...

Potty training? Yep, this is the year for me to do that with my two year old. This summer. I'll do it this summer. I have heard of mommies who have made their kiddos wear big tshirts with nothing on underneath - the pee has to go somewhere, so the kids are more motivated, but I think that would depend on the kid. I've only potty trained one, a boy, and he was 4 before he was "sortof" trained. Good luck on the diet. And the training. :) C

patty said...

Ginger loves being a big girl -- she'll do it.

Brooke said...

you are a brave woman - on all fronts!

Beauty Bonnet said...

your family is so cute, and ginger is a doll.. disposables are getting expensive.. good luck with the potty training!