Friday, October 21, 2011

What Can I Say?

I meant to blog yesterday. No, really. I did. But between making a million tiny grilled cheese sandwiches and crafting the cutest dress form out of Delighted!, I just didn't have the time.
The dress form is to the right. I taught a mini-class on making a pincushion in a bottle cap. It was as cute as you imagine it to be.

There was delicious food and a crowd of fabric loving folks. Jennifer over at All Things Belle has a great write up. There are no pictures of me, but we'll forgive her for that. She was no doubt intimidated by my beauty. Either that, or every picture featured me talking. I did that non stop for several hours. Surprised?

My mom's cousin MK and her daughter Jenn came to play. I love family!
I was rockin' the backwards braid. It was great to have my hair out of my face and I felt very current. 

Also at my table were the owners of Riley Blake. After I confessed what a huge stalker I was of theirs, they invited me to come visit them at their corporate office. I didn't have to be invited twice! Amanda took us there today and let me tell you, that is one fun office. I'd like to move here and work for them. I'm not sure what Curly would have to say about that, but I'm sure it would go something like, "No."

Anyway, I walked away with some goodies. I'll tell you about them later. I'll show them to you now:
Gah! I'm off to sew. You do the same!!! 

PS -- I have a few things to give away. I'll do it next week when I'm back in my homeland. Can you guess what it is?

9 comments:

Jenny Rodriguez said...

What was I thinking?! ;o)
Amazing party - thanks for everything!!

Brooke said...

no,no way!!! Look at you!!! Wow!!! So wish I could have been there and I just love all the grand fabric you are taking home!!! Awesome!!!

Candice said...

Oh, yes, absolutley awesome!!! And it was such a pleasure to meet and hang out with you! :) Have a great trip home!

Snoodles said...

I hope the secret stuff is fabric! What fun!

Jackie said...

GAAHHHHH!!!!!
It looks like it was fun... can you just email me and tell me every single detail about RB corporate office? LOL

Thimbleanna said...

Oh, you lucky girl! We went to the RB warehouse in May with Kellie and they told us we could shop but we didn't have time. Looks like YOU had time -- good job!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE SECRET STUFF!
THANKS FOR SHARING!

Karen said...

It sounds like you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing your goodies. When i had long hair I always pulled it back when I really had to work and concentrate. i used to hate it falling in my face.

Mama Pea said...

I'm so happy that you got to go and that you had such a good time. I'm loving the fabric. Thanks. :-) I'm going to make a sewing caddy out of mine!