My goal last week was to get 30 activity points. I am happy to report that I did just that. It was hard work, but it felt oh so good. I'm shooting for 30 again this week, but with this cough I'm getting, it might not happen. While at the Y this week, I had some thoughts about the gym that I thought I would share with you while we both drink a Diet Coke.
- No one at the gym is looking at you. So don't worry about looking ridiculous while doing Zumba, or having perfect form on the elliptical.
- Size matters. We're talking clothing here. Wear something too small, or even too big, and you've got a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. If you are losing weight, buy some new pants. If you are a little heavier than you used to be, please don't squeeze yourself into your old clothes. Inevitably something will fall out.
- Old ladies walk around naked in the locker room. It is disturbing and is a sight that will never leave you. Consider yourself warned.
- If you are concerned about germs, wipe down the machine before you use it. Chances are the super sweaty guy was on the treadmill before you and didn't do a thorough job.
- Ask for help. You only look dumb if you fall off a machine, not if you admit you don't know how to use it.
Now I am going to go refill my diet coke and pay attention to my kids. Then I'm going to take a nap. Have a great Wednesday!